Home Forums UG Medical entrance exams and preparation State Level UG Entrance Exams MH-CET 2014 Phase 2 Admission Process Schedule Out (UG)

Tagged: , ,

This topic contains 13 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Dr. Paresh Koli Dr. Paresh Koli 2 years, 2 months ago.

• Author
    Profile photo of Dr. Paresh Koli
    Dr. Paresh Koli
    Keymaster

Director  of Medical Education and Research (DMER), Mumbai, Maharashtra has published notification for MH-CET 2014 – ADMISSION PROCESS (Phase II) for admission into the 1st year of undergraduate Health Science Courses (MBBS, BDS, BAMS, BHMS, BUMS, BPTh, BOTh, BASLP,  BP&O  and B.Sc.[Nursing]) for the Academic Year 2014-2015, pursuant to the Common Entrance Test (MH-CET 2014) conducted by Govt. of Maharashtra on 08.05.2014.

The procedure set out hereunder will apply to selection of candidates to be admitted at the following institutions : –

1. All State Government Colleges;
    2. All Municipal Corporation Colleges;
    3. All State Government aided colleges;
    4. 85% seats in Private Homoeopathic Medical Colleges in the State. (As per orders of Hon’ble High Court, Mumbai in Review Petition No. 8634 of 2007 in Writ Petition No. 6332 of 2005).
    5. Such other colleges and/or such number of seats from other colleges which may by mutual consent be decided to form part of this admission process.

Regional centers for Counseling & submission of Preference Form are as follows:

• Mumbai – Grant Govt. Medical College, Sir J.J. Hospital Campus, Byculla, Mumbai.  for candidates from Mumbai Urban, Mumbai Suburban, Thane, Raigad, Ratnagiri, Sindhudurg.
    • Pune – B.J. Govt. Medical College, Pune for candidates from Pune, Ahmednagar, Satara, Sangli, Kolhapur, Solapur, Nashik, Nandurbar, Dhule.
    • Aurangabad – Govt. Medical College, Aurangabad for candidates from Aurangabad, Nanded, Jalna, Beed, Osmanabad, Latur, Hingoli, Parbhani, Jalgaon, Buldhana.
    • Nagpur – Govt. Medical College, Nagpur for candidates from Nagpur, Akola, Washim, Yavatmal, Amravati, Wardha, Chandrapur, Gadchiroli, Bhandara, Gondia.

Schedule for filling of Preference form at all Regional Centres – Phase II is from Friday, 18/07/2014 to Wednesday, 23/07/2014.

Schedule for Person With Disability Candidates (Phase II) is from 18/07/2014 to 21/07/2014.

Note :

1. All the candidates who have already filled the preference form during the Phase – I of counselling held from 17th to 21st June 2014; are not eligible to fill the preference form in this process.
    2. The candidates from Open category upto SML No. 4110 are eligible for MBBS/BDS course (above 50% marks in MH-CET-2014). Persons with disability (PWD) in Open Category having above 45% marks in MH-CET-2014 are eligible for MBBS/BDS course. Notification No.7_pref._CET14 (Phase II).doc
    3. The candidates form Constitutional Reservation Category and Constitutional Reservation with Person with Disability (PWD) upto SML No. 8096 are eligible for MBBS/BDS course (above 40% marks in MH-CET-2014).
    4. The candidates are called as per State Merit List No. (SML No.). The candidates will be allowed for preference form filling process in respective category upto the SML No. as per Table No. 2.
    5. Candidates from Open category from SML No. 17001 onwards should not attend this round. On Wednesday, dated 23/07/2014, 9.00 am to 1.00 pm only ST category candidates should attend the round. However other category candidates should not attend on 23.07.2014 during 9.00 am to 1.00 am.

Click here to for further details and to view official notification

Profile photo of Harshal Madavi
    Harshal Madavi
    Participant

Sir i want to know that ..more than half of the ST category students scored below 288 and dmer give cutoff score of 288.so can they give seats to below 288 mark canditate to fulfil the quota?

Dr. Paresh Koli
      Keymaster

No they can’t give admission to students having score below cutoff.

Harshal Madavi
    Participant

But what about the 100 seats which will remain vacant..because according to brouchere they cant give seats to open category and they cant keep seats vacant..in brouchere there is clearly written that they will not keep a single seat vacant..

Dr. Paresh Koli
      Keymaster

Where is it given? Could you provide me with a link?
      Usually in the end remaining reserved category seats get transferred to open category.

Harshal Madavi
    Participant

I cant provide u link but in brouchere it is written that not a single reserve seat remain vacant and in the counselling the counsellers didnt tell that the reserve seats will transfered to open…i think they cant give 100 seats of ST category to open…they have to change criteria to fill all the reserve seats

Dr. Paresh Koli
      Keymaster

Then you should go and talk to the officials in DMER. They will solve your query.

Harshal Madavi
    Participant

Will they change the 40% criteria for filling reserve seats?..as they increased 450 seats,then absolutely they cant keep seats vacant..

Dr. Paresh Koli
      Keymaster

40% is eligibility criteria. They can’t change it.

Profile photo of Sanket Jagtap
      Sanket Jagtap
      Participant

Koli Sir will u please tell me that how many candidates are selected during 3rd round? I m waiting for 3rd round..

Profile photo of Sanket Jagtap
    Sanket Jagtap
    Participant

My Name is Sanket Jagtap. I have scored 319 marks in MH-cet 2014.. My SML No. is 6126. I belongs to SC category.Is there any chances of getting admission to gov. mbbs colleges during 3rd round? Please Reply me..

Dr. Paresh Koli
      Keymaster

DMER does not give allotment list of students selected for these rounds as far as i know.
      Also at your rank it seems very difficult to get a seat and not too many empty seats are left in 3rd round.
      Best way to know is visit DMER office personally and ask them about data of previous year’s counseling.
      They will help you.
      If you receive any data or update from there, kindly inform me as well. I will post it and many students will benefit from it.

Profile photo of Ashwa Ghosh
    Ashwa Ghosh
    Participant

Sir,I got 172 marks in mhcet 2014.Will I get admission in MBBS or BDS if seats remain vacant?

Dr. Paresh Koli
      Keymaster

I don’t think it is possible. But if seats remain vacant (less chances) then might be possible.
      Depends on your category as well.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.