July 10, 2014 at 1:53 PM #2692
Director of Medical Education and Research (DMER), Mumbai, Maharashtra has published notification for MH-CET 2014 – ADMISSION PROCESS (Phase II) for admission into the 1st year of undergraduate Health Science Courses (MBBS, BDS, BAMS, BHMS, BUMS, BPTh, BOTh, BASLP, BP&O and B.Sc.[Nursing]) for the Academic Year 2014-2015, pursuant to the Common Entrance Test (MH-CET 2014) conducted by Govt. of Maharashtra on 08.05.2014.
The procedure set out hereunder will apply to selection of candidates to be admitted at the following institutions : –
- All State Government Colleges;
- All Municipal Corporation Colleges;
- All State Government aided colleges;
- 85% seats in Private Homoeopathic Medical Colleges in the State. (As per orders of Hon’ble High Court, Mumbai in Review Petition No. 8634 of 2007 in Writ Petition No. 6332 of 2005).
- Such other colleges and/or such number of seats from other colleges which may by mutual consent be decided to form part of this admission process.
Regional centers for Counseling & submission of Preference Form are as follows:
- Mumbai – Grant Govt. Medical College, Sir J.J. Hospital Campus, Byculla, Mumbai. for candidates from Mumbai Urban, Mumbai Suburban, Thane, Raigad, Ratnagiri, Sindhudurg.
- Pune – B.J. Govt. Medical College, Pune for candidates from Pune, Ahmednagar, Satara, Sangli, Kolhapur, Solapur, Nashik, Nandurbar, Dhule.
- Aurangabad – Govt. Medical College, Aurangabad for candidates from Aurangabad, Nanded, Jalna, Beed, Osmanabad, Latur, Hingoli, Parbhani, Jalgaon, Buldhana.
- Nagpur – Govt. Medical College, Nagpur for candidates from Nagpur, Akola, Washim, Yavatmal, Amravati, Wardha, Chandrapur, Gadchiroli, Bhandara, Gondia.
Schedule for filling of Preference form at all Regional Centres – Phase II is from Friday, 18/07/2014 to Wednesday, 23/07/2014.
Schedule for Person With Disability Candidates (Phase II) is from 18/07/2014 to 21/07/2014.
- All the candidates who have already filled the preference form during the Phase – I of counselling held from 17th to 21st June 2014; are not eligible to fill the preference form in this process.
- The candidates from Open category upto SML No. 4110 are eligible for MBBS/BDS course (above 50% marks in MH-CET-2014). Persons with disability (PWD) in Open Category having above 45% marks in MH-CET-2014 are eligible for MBBS/BDS course. Notification No.7_pref._CET14 (Phase II).doc
- The candidates form Constitutional Reservation Category and Constitutional Reservation with Person with Disability (PWD) upto SML No. 8096 are eligible for MBBS/BDS course (above 40% marks in MH-CET-2014).
- The candidates are called as per State Merit List No. (SML No.). The candidates will be allowed for preference form filling process in respective category upto the SML No. as per Table No. 2.
- Candidates from Open category from SML No. 17001 onwards should not attend this round. On Wednesday, dated 23/07/2014, 9.00 am to 1.00 pm only ST category candidates should attend the round. However other category candidates should not attend on 23.07.2014 during 9.00 am to 1.00 am.
July 14, 2014 at 8:30 AM #2701
Sir i want to know that ..more than half of the ST category students scored below 288 and dmer give cutoff score of 288.so can they give seats to below 288 mark canditate to fulfil the quota?
July 15, 2014 at 11:06 PM #2705
No they can’t give admission to students having score below cutoff.
July 16, 2014 at 8:21 AM #2708
But what about the 100 seats which will remain vacant..because according to brouchere they cant give seats to open category and they cant keep seats vacant..in brouchere there is clearly written that they will not keep a single seat vacant..
July 16, 2014 at 8:25 AM #2709
Where is it given? Could you provide me with a link?
Usually in the end remaining reserved category seats get transferred to open category.
July 16, 2014 at 8:41 AM #2710
I cant provide u link but in brouchere it is written that not a single reserve seat remain vacant and in the counselling the counsellers didnt tell that the reserve seats will transfered to open…i think they cant give 100 seats of ST category to open…they have to change criteria to fill all the reserve seats
July 16, 2014 at 10:09 AM #2711
Then you should go and talk to the officials in DMER. They will solve your query.
July 18, 2014 at 7:42 AM #2718
Will they change the 40% criteria for filling reserve seats?..as they increased 450 seats,then absolutely they cant keep seats vacant..
August 25, 2014 at 12:44 PM #2847
My Name is Sanket Jagtap. I have scored 319 marks in MH-cet 2014.. My SML No. is 6126. I belongs to SC category.Is there any chances of getting admission to gov. mbbs colleges during 3rd round? Please Reply me..
August 25, 2014 at 7:19 PM #2849
DMER does not give allotment list of students selected for these rounds as far as i know.
Also at your rank it seems very difficult to get a seat and not too many empty seats are left in 3rd round.
Best way to know is visit DMER office personally and ask them about data of previous year’s counseling.
They will help you.
If you receive any data or update from there, kindly inform me as well. I will post it and many students will benefit from it.
September 23, 2014 at 7:24 AM #3036
Sir,I got 172 marks in mhcet 2014.Will I get admission in MBBS or BDS if seats remain vacant?
September 23, 2014 at 7:54 PM #3037
I don’t think it is possible. But if seats remain vacant (less chances) then might be possible.
Depends on your category as well.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.